What is the difference between Enhancers and Flash Probes?
Integrated Laser Therapies recommends using the Enhancer style probes rather than the Flash probes for a few reasons:
- Flash probes emit light at a right angle to the orientation of the probe. This may be seen as an advantage to people treating, for example, their own back, but we believe it to be a safety issue. The Enhancer style emits light along the axis of the probe. Just like you would point a finger at a target, if you point an Enhancer probe in the same way, the light will be directed towards the target. 808nm laser light is not visible and may be damaging should it be shown directly in the eyes of a person or an animal. Using the 90 degree output of the Flash probes requires extra care and vigilance.
- Enhancer probes direct the laser output through a cultured (man-made) quartz crystal rod about 1/4" in diameter. We have found that this naturally conditions or "softens" the laser output while still concentrating the therapeutic output in an easily directed beam. Just hold the Enhancer probe as you would a pen or pencil, an that is where the energy will go.
- We have not found a compelling need for therapy modes in QLaser probes. One feature of the Flash probes is their ability to be programmed with therapy modes just like the Q1000. However, our predominant probe application is the treatment of musculoskeletal issues such as tendons, ligaments, bone spurs, and degrading joints where the constant, non-pulsed light seems to work better.
- While the 808 Enhancer probe and the 808 Flash Probe output 300mW power, the laser spot size of the Flash Probe is much smaller than the Enhancer resulting in a higher power density. When using the 808 Flash Probe, it is important to continuously move the laser over the area being treated - do not hold the Flash Probe stationary during the complete 3-minute treatment cycle. Holding the 808 Flash Probe in one location may result in an uncomfortable feeling of warmth in that area. While no tissue damage should result, the bottom line is that we use the 808NG Enhancer probe in our practice everyday, and believe it to be a superior solution over the 808 Flash Probe.
How does a Q10 compare to a Q1000?
There are many differences between the Q10 and the Q1000. Here are the most significant ones:
- Considering the area covered and the energy output, it takes the Q10 6 times longer that then Q1000 to get the same therapeutic effect
- The Q1000 can be programmed with 9 therapy modes versus 3 on the Q10, and the Q1000 can be reprogrammed as needed. The Q10 programs are fixed
- The Q1000 can control QLaser probes for more power and therapeutic flexibility. The Q10 cannot control probes.
- The Q1000 costs a little over 3 times as much as the Q10
All that aside, we have many satisfied customers that swear by their Q10s and use them everyday - many of whom have referred friends and family members who have also purchased Q10s.
For professional therapists we strongly recommend the Q1000 system because ti provides more treatment options and provides more therapeutic effect in each client appointment.
My Next Generation Q1000 or Flash Probe turns off
If your Q1000NG or Next Generation Flash Probe automatically turns off when you try to start a treatment, the QCard to make may not be inserted correctly in the laser.